For the third time, we are organizing an Elevator Pitch Competition for all startups and growth companies in the Baltic and Nordic countries. The competition will be held in Tallinn on June 3rd at the International Technology Law Association’s IV Tallinn Conference.
Whether or not you’re interested in applying to the pitch competition, check out the conference agenda (pdf) which features this year a keynote address by Toomas Hendrik Ilves, President of Estonia, and topics like marketing and branding, early stage financing, and landing the first customers. The conference is free to attend, but space is limited and registration is needed.
The jury of the pitch competition consists of pan-Nordic/Baltic VCs, so this is a perfect opportunity to put yourself on the radar and get valuable feedback on your pitch from an experienced jury that has heard quite a few before. We also have great prizes for the winners – see below.
Growth and internationalization-oriented firms from all of the Nordic and Baltic countries are welcomed to apply. Six firms will be selected to present a 10-minute pitch at the event. The judging criteria include the presentation delivery, the expected success and growth potential of the firm. Detailed contest rules and other information in the Invitation letter.
The applications to the Pitch Competition must be done using this form.
Please send your application to events (at) arcticstartup.com latest by May 12th 8:00 PM EET. The Finalists will be announced on May 16th.
The conference will be held at the Swissotel Tallinn during June 2-3, and the Elevator Pitch Competition will take place in the afternoon of June 3, 2011.
- The Grand Prize is provided by SNR Denton US LLP, Silicon Valley. The firm will offer a $5000 USD in kind prize, equivalent to one full day of law consulting time with the firm. The consultation can be used as the winner wishes, e.g., to incorporate a subsidiary for operations in Silicon Valley, file a provisional US patent, etc. The consultation can be in person, by Skype video or by Polycom video. Consultation with the other of the 43 offices of SNR Denton may also be included, subject to availability, requirements of the contest winner, and the nature of the consultation. Other terms and conditions stated in the Award Certificate.
- ArcticStartup will also offer the winner 2 tickets to Arctic15, the most exciting startup launch event in Northern Europe.
- Second Prize – Law Firm Glimstedt will offer a $2,500 USD in kind prize, equivalent to one full day of law consulting time with their Tallinn office. The consultation can be in person or can be arranged otherwise, as agreed with the prize winner. Consultation with Vilnius or Riga offices of Law Firm Glimsted may also be included, subject to availability, requirements of the contest winner, and the nature of the consultation.
- The runner-up will also get 1 ticket to Arctic15, the most exciting startup launch event in Northern Europe.
Details and terms on the prizes can be found in the Invitation letter.
- Martin Hauge, Creandum, Stockholm
- Allan Martinson, MTVP, Tallinn
- Artturi Tarjanne Nexit Ventures, Helsinki
- Pekka Mäki, 3TS Cisco Growth Fund, Vienna
- Richard Allan Horning, SNR Denton, Silicon Valley
- Pirko Konsa,Tehnopol, Tallinn
- Yrjö Ojasaar, Solon Partners, Tallinn
- Heidi Kakko, Estonian Development Fund, Tallinn
- Toby Moore, Imprimatur Capital Baltics, Riga
- Olev Schults, AS Cresco, Tallinn
- Harry Santamaki, KoppiCatch, Helsinki
- Jussi Harvela, Veturi Venture Accelerator, Helsinki
- Margus Uudam, Ambient Sound Investments, Tallinn
- Hele Karja, Law Firm Glimstedt, Tallinn
- Mart E. Koppel, Patendibüroo Koppel, Tallinn
Any questions about the contest can be sent to miikka(at)arcticstartup(dot)com.