We unleash the power of entrepreneurship to solve big problems with the world’s leading companies.
At Rainmaking, our mission is to realise the massive entrepreneurial potential at the crossover between the corporate & startup worlds. We believe the greatest value can be unlocked by combining the scale strengths and deep domain knowledge of corporates with the entrepreneurial execution of startups. We bring our entrepreneurial experience and global network, to co-invest with ambitious corporates. We only succeed when our partners see tangible, commercial results, designing and executing a balanced portfolio of innovation initiatives.
We help corporations embed an entrepreneurial culture. We train teams with practical entrepreneurial skills. We help companies to meaningfully engage with startups. And, we partner to collaboratively build your innovation culture.
Rainmaking has partnered with over 85 Fortune 500 companies, delivering positive change through entrepreneurship and bringing startups and corporates together to build and scale new businesses. During which, Rainmaking has built, invested, and accelerated 932 ventures, including the world’s largest industry-focused accelerator programme, Startupbootcamp
Rainmaking has 13 offices across the globe with a global team of 150+ entrepreneurs, strategists, product experts, program teams and startup experts.
We are partnering with a renowned global consultancy to help them understand how the topics of food availability and energy independence are being impacted across industries as a consequence of the Russia-Ukraine crisis. We are looking for Strategy Leads to join us for an initial three month, fixed-term basis to deliver this exciting project.
Your main area of focus will be to lead a team examining the changing market dynamics across key industries in respect to food and energy respectively. The primary focus will be assessing the startup and funding landscape to determine viable solutions to industry leaders today. Engaging with these solutions will allow partners to respond appropriately to the implications caused by the current crisis. This process involves a mixture of studying industry trends, startup activity, emerging business models, conducting customer interviews, and building business cases. You will be working closely with our strategy and project teams, providing them with an ongoing funnel of opportunities to pursue.
As our Strategy Lead, you will:
- Lead a team of consultants to run Rainmaking’s flagship strategy process
- Conduct industry research and extract key trends and learnings that work to inform our strategic opinion
- Generate insights about a partners position within an industry, accounting for traditional and non-traditional competition
- Gather thoughts from industry leaders and startup founders through interviews
- Creating collateral that supports better internal knowledge transfer and stronger engagement with new and existing partners
- Structure and perform analysis that addresses business issues and pain points and generate insights about client and industry performance
- Build and present information in simple and structured presentations
- Represent Rainmaking at client, industry and innovation events
- You are a great match with our strong and value-driven culture (see below)
- Seasoned strategy consultant or foodtech/energy sector expert with 5-7 years experience, ideally previous entrepreneurial experience as a founder or an early key hire in a start up
- Experience leading a team
- Data collection and analysis experience including interviews, surveys, market reports and analytical modelling
- Experience within the foodtech or energy industries would be advantageous
- Evidence of an interest in startups through work or side projects
- A strong academic record and willingness to continue learning
- Program or project management experience, ensuring that deadlines are met and operations run effectively and efficiently
- Ability to communicate and present information credibly and effectively to C/C-1 stakeholders
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Passionate about creating impact through technology and innovation
- Passionate about startups, technology, venture capital and innovation
- A self-starter, with good communication skills and a structured mindset to approaching problem solving and meeting deadlines
- Enthusiastic team player that loves working with different types of people in cross-functional teams and who is willing to help people around you to become even better
Why Work With Us
- Opportunity to be part of an innovation journey for a range of established corporate partners
- Opportunity to learn about cutting edge strategy at the intersection of corporates and startups
- Opportunity to rapidly take on responsibility and shape the direction of the project
- Access to a global network with innovative startups and early-stage companies in every major startup ecosystem worldwide
- Being part of a small, super-dedicated group of very skilled and fun people
- A great office environment, at our office located in central London with great people and great coffee!
- Be a happy and whole person with a flexible work environment so you can have time to carve out for your friends and family
- A unique culture focusing on three strong values: being entrepreneurial, being impactful and being kind.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected applicable law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com