Glint Solar is accelerating the adoption of solar energy by building the world's leading solar site data company. The first step is building an advanced feasibility tool based on satellite data and machine learning that identifies and analyzes thousands of potential project locations. The world needs to build more renewable energy to combat climate change. We in Glint Solar believe that technology is the solution. We are therefore working effortlessly on building technology for developers of solar energy parks. We started with the very exciting floating solar market as this is one of the fastest growing energy sectors in the world and have since expanded into land based solar as well. Our HQ is at Aker Brygge in Oslo, but we are a global team with employees also in the US who together serve our global customer base. We're backed by leading Norwegian and international VCs and private equity.
The world needs to increase the amount of renewable energy to battle climate change. Glint Solar is an Oslo based startup accelerating the growth of solar energy by making it fast and simple to find the best solar project locations.
Solar energy is growing at a tremendous rate, but finding good project sites is a slow and manual process. Our product uses GIS, satellite and climate data to scan hundreds of thousands of potential sites, letting our customers quickly find the best site for their projects. Our goal is to drastically speed up renewable energy adoption by removing obstacles, and making it fast and simple to accelerate what we call the solar revolution.
We are a fun-loving team of people from different backgrounds, with different likes and personalities. Between us you will find people who: love astrophysics, enjoy cooking new dishes, play frisbee golf and DJs on the weekend. So what do we have in common? We support each other, love solving difficult problems, believe in technology, and want to drive positive change in the world.
What we are looking for
We are looking for experienced software engineers who like wearing multiple hats and doing what needs to be done, but always with the big picture in mind. We think it is ok and necessary to make many mistakes in order to make something great. If you agree and you like a challenge, then you will fit right in.
You will be working with:
- Full stack development. Our current stack includes React as frontend, Node and Python as backend, but we believe in letting everyone help choose the right tools for the job.
- Infrastructure setup and maintenance, we mainly use AWS. We stick to serverless as much as possible.
- Model development and data processing, in cooperation with our data scientists, focusing on efficient and scalable implementation.
- Anything else that needs doing, such as speaking to customers or pitching in on strategy.
A background in engineering, physics, mathematics or related fields is beneficial (but not a must) since you will be touching upon a wide array of technical subjects such as satellite data processing or solar plant energy yield modeling.
What else makes you a good fit
- Caring for your colleagues’ well-being and bringing a positive mood to work
- Curiosity and an eagerness to always learn new things
- A “roll-up-your-sleeves” mentality and always wanting to help out
- Being motivated by solving complex problems and breaking them down into smaller pieces
- Laziness, in the sense that you don’t like unnecessary work and always look for how we can achieve our goal with the least amount of effort
- Motivation to accelerate the adoption of solar energy
What we offer
- A committed team of ambitious and motivated colleagues
- A steep learning curve and freedom to shape your own role
- The chance to join a young, fast-growing startup with an existing global reach
- An option scheme to take part in our future success
- Offices at Aker Brygge (dress as casual as you want! )
- Cabin trips, company trips and social events
- Lots of laughter
For more information or questions please contact us.
Perks and benefits
This job comes with several perks and benefits
Flexible working hours
Time is precious. Make it count. Morning person or night owl, this job is for you.
Free coffee / tea
Get your caffeine fix to get you started and keep you going.
Near public transit
Easy access and treehugger friendly workplace.
Social gatherings and games; hang out with your colleagues.
Want to be a partner? Look no further.
We take care of you, even when you are old and wrinkly.
Maternity / paternity leave
Kids are the future, go spend time with them.
We want to take you from good to great.
Remote work allowed
You know how you perform best. Work from your couch, your favorite cafe or abroad when you feel like it.
Work life balance
Carve out time for your kids, friends and personal cider projects.
Metropolitists, beach boys and mountaineers we salute you and pay you to go and explore the world.
Strengthen your body with office yoga and handstands or leave your body in good hands by our masseuse.
Your local office is your anchor point, thus, we placed it centrally at your convenience.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com