We are an international team of industry veterans who have shipped several hit games played by millions of people (e.g. Limbo, Inside, Battlefield 2: Modern Combat, Terminator: Salvation, Hearthstone, Hitman, Crysis, etc.). We’re passionate about games and their potential, and understand what issues game developers are facing today and what it takes to improve on that process. We value talent, and people with a high sense of responsibility and passion.
coherence is working on leveling the playing field for multiplayer games. We are making a network engine and platform that allows any developer to easily create anything from a simple multiplayer game to a large, cloud-based virtual world.
Become part of the team and help us build the next generation open source platform for creating virtual worlds. We are looking for an accomplished senior programmer or software architect to help us fulfil our mission of building a network platform and framework that will allow anyone to develop and operate multiplayer games, on any device, at any scale.
As Principal Network Programmer at coherence you will help define the architecture of the coherence engine and tool set and the technological direction for the engineering team. You will be a key contributor to the overall strategy and vision of the coherence platform and framework. You will work across the full breadth of our engine, tools and service portfolio, including strategic research to innovate and raise the bar within networking technologies.
- Drive the technical architecture of our network engine, development tools, and relevant development pipelines.
- Architect and develop efficient, secure, scalable and maintainable functionalities and features.
- Translate customer needs into well defined technical solutions to inform and shape the technical design and direction of the tool set.
- Look for opportunities to innovate and improve our product making it the best and most accessible networking solution for developers.
- Research and investigate the market and competition, providing data insights to inform choices and to uncover opportunities for our technology.
- Document goals and strategy to communicate and maintain agreement across the development team, stakeholders and the leadership group.
- 8+ years of experience as a network programmer with excellent knowledge of networking technologies, ECS/DOTS, multi-threaded programming and network protocols (UDP, TCP/IP, gRPC and others).
- Strong technical understanding of systems, architecture, and user experience in the context of customer-focused software products, in areas such as game, network or rendering engines.
- Passion for lower level programming, validation, verification and software development with a software as a service mindset.
- Excellent coding skills, fluent especially in C# and Go, combined with strong mathematical and exceptional computer science skills.
- Knowledge in and experience with DOTS / ECS.
- Experience in the games industry.
- Leadership experience with fast growing organizations, and a proven ability to engage effectively with technical leaders, engineers and customers.
- Extensive experience with Unity and / or Unreal.
- Ability to write or contribute to a compelling proposal or pitch.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with a globally distributed team.
- Passion for games.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org