We are storytellers, promoters and champions of the grassroots sports community. We reach for the stars, and while doing that, we try to be playful, responsible and deliver results with haste.
Are you a backend focused Fullstack Engineer with a passion for startups and sports? Are you interested in livestreaming? Do you like working with cloud technologies? Do you have a positive attitude and the willingness to roll up your sleeves? Would you like to work in an environment where your opinion matters?
If so – keep reading!
joymo.tv has ambitions of becoming the largest streaming video platform for grassroots sports in the world. As a Fullstack Engineer you will be central to making the Joymo platform a complete system for livestreaming sports, accessible to clubs and organizations at all levels.
joymo.tv – who are we?
Joymo’s livestreaming platform enables any sports teams and individual athletes to stream all their events, sell tickets for those events and generate income. The events are filmed using our Joymo Share app (available on iOS and Android app stores) or by connecting one’s own camera to our platform. Joymo also helps in scheduling these events for livestream, which is then automatically saved for later playback.
We are storytellers, promoters and champions of the grassroots sport’s community. We reach for the stars, and while doing that, we try to be playful, responsible and deliver results with haste. Diversity and inclusion are a central element of our culture and values, and we are looking to add a person of integrity, passion and talent to complement our stellar team.
Today we are a team of about 20 people, 15 located at Oslo Science Park, and we are growing fast!
The role – objective and purpose
We are in an early scaleup phase where we are trying to build the future of livestreaming in a component-driven manner that scales. As a Fullstack Engineer you will have the opportunity to design and build components of the architecture to support video ingest, processing, and delivery systems. Your work would also help in building many social interaction features and finance-related subscription services.
We are agile and we work in 2-week sprint-cycles with CI/CD. Our solutions are built in technologies such as Amazon Web Services (API Gateway, Lambda, IoT Core, S3, CloudFormation, MediaLive), Google Cloud Platform, Node.js, TypeScript and Angular 10, but we would love for your suggestions!
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Design and develop new scalable and versatile services and APIs to serve Joymo’s products and tools.
- Work closely with product design and engineering leadership to solve business problems.
- Optimize the Joymo platform for global expansion.
- Integration with 3rd party tools including, CRM, Payment, reporting and analytics.
- Public API development.
- Video Streaming pipeline enhancements and optimizations.
- Write clean, modern, testable, well-documented code for each iteration.
- Contribute your experience to architectural discussions of the various systems.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a Fullstack Engineer who, perhaps, prefers working a little more in the backend rather than the frontend part of the stack. For us, it is important that this person has more than 3 years of experience as a software engineer. They have experience with node.js / Typescript and are fully competent in another coding language too. Ideally, they have worked with microservices and are familiar with its principles and practices.
- Experienced in node.js/TypeScript or fully competent in another coding language (please specify when applying)
- Preferably worked with micro-services and familiar with its principles and practices
- Experience with AWS desired (API Gateway, Lambda, IoT Core, S3, CloudFormation, MediaLive)
- Flexible with different frameworks and workflows, with a willingness to learn new technologies.
- Comfortable using agile methodologies and (Git) workflows to iterate on products.
- A good understanding of web application scalability/performance issues and are experienced in the use of asynchronous processing and other mitigation practices.
- Fluency in English, written and spoken and ability to confidently communicate daily with teammates to understand and deliver on technical requirements.
Why join joymo.tv?
At Joymo, we encourage everyone to have an opinion. We foster a culture of openness and inclusivity to do our best to facilitate open discussions in terms of technologies used, strategy, and our product(s). Logic prevails in all our discussions.
We have a vision for the next 10 years. Coming in as an engineer right now, you will be working in a role where you will have an extremely high impact on both the product(s) and the direction of the company. We have global ambitions and are expanding internationally as we speak, so here you will have enormous opportunities to make an impact on how sports are streamed both in Norway and internationally.
Other key positives:
- The product: Video and streaming is a super exciting field, and we have only seen the beginning of live video streaming.
- Diversity: A work environment with Welsh, Irish, Indian, American, Danish, Norwegian, South African, Seychelles, and Ukrainian nationalities.
- Employee satisfaction: Last aptitude score was +56 (employee NPS). People very much value the high transparency and the very flat hierarchy.
- Culture: Friendly, open and transparent.
- Technology: All new code in a modern tech stack and cloud-based technologies. We are agile.
- Flexibility: A very flexible company with a healthy mix of remote working and office days.
Next step to joining Joymo’s team!
If what you have read up to now sounds exciting, please feel free to apply for this position via the apply button. At this stage, we only require your CV or link to your detailed LinkedIn profile.
Alternatively, feel free to get in touch with our recruitment partners, Lotte Gjørsvik or Jovana Kozul, in AvantGarde Search. Lotte and Jovana have a detailed prospect that they will happily send to you.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com