We are BLAST – the global esports media network delivering world class entertainment experiences. Whether it be intimate broadcast studio shows, arena events, digital platforms or top-class multi-platform content, we create the most exciting, exhilarating and euphoric moments in esports. This includes BLAST Premier; a worldwide Counter-Strike: Global Offensive tournament where the best teams and brightest stars fight it out for a $4.25m total prize pool. Broadcast around the world in 100 territories to over 150m households. With BLAST we want to amplify the best elements of esports – excitement, competition and community. Creating exhilarating events, unmissable content and fan first experiences.
Location: Remote Working
Salary: TBC dependent on experience
BLAST is a global esports media network delivering world-class entertainment experiences. In 2020, BLAST saw over 146 million views and 1.5 billion minutes of content consumed across its platforms while expanding its product offering to bring over 500 hours of world-class esports to fans in multiple formats including popular titles CS:GO, VALORANT and DOTA 2.
The esports entertainment company has over 1 million subscribers and followers and is enjoyed in over 150 territories. BLAST creates new technology, production, content and platforms in partnership with leading brands, broadcasters and communities across the globe.
BLAST Premier is the jewel in the company’s crown and a leading worldwide Counter-Strike tournament where the best teams and brightest stars go head-to-head for a $2.47m prize pool.
BLAST produces hours of content for our broadcast shows, social channels and commercial partners throughout the year and we’re constantly growing and increasing our output. As part of this growth we’re looking to expand our talent pool and work with the best freelance producers in the business to create exciting and dynamic creative content.
Freelance producers will take on the following responsibilities:
- Leading a small production team from concept to delivery of final output.
- Scope out and determine the feasibility of producing creative work in a variety of formats with quick turnaround times.
- Crew up productions with the relevant talent pool.
- Source quotes and estimates for production work
- Plan and manage timing schedules that fit the needs of the brief and budget
- Edit Producing.
- Ensure the correct licensing of artistic material across all formats and locations within agreed timings.
- Maintain quality standards across the production of all creative work.
- Report progress of all work and any anticipated deviation from planned timings and costs to production management.
- Working with commercial partners to ideate on concepts that hit key partner messaging and have a fan first approach.
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE WILL
- Have a genuine passion for esports, gaming, Counter-Strike and Battle Royale.
- Care passionately about creating and ensuring success for BLAST’s brand in the most efficient and organised way to ensure deadlines are met.
- A natural in building positive, productive external and internal relationships.
- Be adaptable in an ever changing and evolving landscape.
- Be approachable and personable to work cross functionally across the organisation for the duration of their contract.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- A least 5 years experience in Production.
- Excellent day-to-day project management.
- Positive, proactive and friendly attitude.
- Strong relationship management internally and externally (across the organisation).
- Have experience creating content with commercial partners.
- Excellent organisational and communication skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines and communicate clearly is essential.
- Attention to detail and ability to multitask is essential.
- Ability to develop and manage realistic and effective timelines.
- The confidence to bring your experience and ability to the team alongside a willingness to learn and develop your skills.
WHAT WE OFFER
- An unique opportunity to work with a new esports organisation that has already achieved success and to be part of it’s growing creative talent pool.
- A positive, flexible working environment.
- Working alongside a fantastic team whose background lies in a variety of fields across sport and entertainment.
Perks and benefits
This job comes with several perks and benefits
Flexible working hours
Time is precious. Make it count. Morning person or night owl, this job is for you.
Free coffee / tea
Get your caffeine fix to get you started and keep you going.
We take care of you, even when you are old and wrinkly.
Maternity / paternity leave
Kids are the future, go spend time with them.
Work life balance
Carve out time for your kids, friends and personal cider projects.
Your local office is your anchor point, thus, we placed it centrally at your convenience.
Metropolitists, beach boys and mountaineers we salute you and pay you to go and explore the world.
Remote work allowed
You know how you perform best. Work from your couch, your favorite cafe or abroad when you feel like it.
Free friday beers
Friday is something special, let’s enjoy a beer together.
Enjoy a free catered lunch with your colleagues, every day.
Mental health support
We care about your wellbeing. We take stress seriously and support you in times with any mental imbalance.
Free office snacks
Peckish after lunch? We got your back with soft drinks, treats and fruit.
Near public transit
Easy access and treehugger friendly workplace.
Break a leg! Seriously, we got you covered in our company healthcare plan.
Social gatherings and games; hang out with your colleagues.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org