Rokoko is a tech startup with offices in the heart of Copenhagen, San Francisco and Athens. We are a happy mixed bunch of creatives, tech nerds, world-class software and hardware engineers, 3D artists, business people, one philosopher, one idealist, thousands of sensors, and a co-founder who only wants to sit on orange chairs. Our vision is to crush the barriers of animation and interactive storytelling. We imagine a world where Rokoko enables anyone and everyone to breathe life to their creative ideas, where imagination is unshackled from technical complexities and the steep learning curves of animation. We're building creative tools for the storytellers of tomorrow.
Rokoko’s offering unlocks the talent of millions of emerging creators that need fast, easy, and affordable animation tools. Our tools are designed for independent creators whilst being adopted by some of the world’s largest animation studios, like Netflix, Sony, or Disney.
From the heart of Copenhagen, where it began, to our colleagues back in Athens and all the way across the USA, we all echo Rokoko’s calling – to empower the storytellers of tomorrow.
None of this would be possible without the humans behind Rokoko.
Creative, driven, and passionate about what we do, every day we stand by our mission and we’re looking for talented teammates that can join us to build creative tools within art, entertainment, film, research, education, or health. We collaborate with top-tier game, film, AR/VR, and VFX producers as well as thousands of creators that make unique content.
Dare to join us too, we’d love to have you.
What you’ll be doing
- As part of the design team in Rokoko, you’ll join forces with our growth team to create an amazing experience for the visitors of our website.
- You’ll help determine the key web user journeys that support commercial objectives and their entire design in Figma.
- You’ll develop design mockups and prototypes to illustrate ideas for internal stakeholders or for customers to test and assess before implementation.
- You’ll support the technical implementation of your designs.
- You’ll adhere to brand style and design standards and you’ll translate them into a granular web design style guide that can consistently be used for efficient deployment of new web pages and components.
- You’ll support content and social media teams in the creation of assets.
We’re keen to meet you if…
- You are genuinely curious, creative, and an avid team player.
- You’ve demonstrated the ability to translate and solve commercial problems through well-crafted digital design.
- You’re an expert in Figma, using best practice workflows (ie. styles, components), and know how to design for consistency using and maintaining a styleguide.
- You are proficient in using Webflow, or possess a very strong interest and motivation to become an expert in it.
- You know how to work with a grid system across different screen sizes.
- You have a strong sense of the do’s and don’ts of good graphic design and you enjoy geeking out about things like typographic hierarchy and visual consistency.
- You have worked closely in collaboration with front-end developers.
- Your portfolio demonstrates your abilities and includes several projects that made it to production.
- You have a high proficiency in English, both written and spoken.
We will be absolutely impressed if..
- You know your way around editing assets for the website, eg. colorgrading photos and videos.
- You know how to tell a good story visually.
- You know frontend code fundamentals like JS & CSS.
What’s in it for you
- Work with an international team of 70+ talented individuals and a rare opportunity to work with professional motion capture/or other ESP.
- Fantastic office location, catered lunch scheme, healthy snacks and beverages, and #coffee breaks.
- 25 days of paid holiday (annual) and 5 optional (unpaid).
- Optional healthcare insurance and pension scheme.
- Work-life balance – we want you to win both at work and in life.
- Quarterly education fund program.
- Company fun runs – we love sporty outdoors activities from casual runs to marathons.
- Regular social gatherings, both in person and digitally.
- A quite unique opportunity to join Rokoko at the most exciting scale-up phase. We offer a steep learning curve and an ambitious work environment.
What we brag about
2021 has been an unprecedented year for us at Rokoko.
We’ve grown across teams and have welcomed 50+ talented people among our teams.
We’ve launched a new generation of the industry’s favorite mocap suit, the Smartsuit Pro II.
We’ve seen first-hand our mission to make motion capture widely accessible demonstrated in the many works of our talented community, using our tools as a vessel to push boundaries of digital artistry.
Let’s make 2022 even greater.
How the process will look like:
We take the recruitment process seriously. That’s because we care a lot about who we are about to work with. We hope that matters equally to you.
This is what the process will look like:
- Initial call
- A small design assignment
- Follow-up talk using the assignment as something to talk around (not that exam type of talk!)
- Cultural meeting with some of your future colleagues
We respect everyone’s time and do our best to optimize and streamline our recruitment process depending on circumstances or roles. However, we put all our heart and time to find the next gem that will join the team.
Hoping this caught your interest enough, we look forward to receiving your application in English, together with your strong motivation in any shape or form – be creative, we value that. A lot.
When and how to expect to hear from us
We know how seeking your next gig works – sometimes you’ll apply and never hear back. We’ve all been there.
While we can’t send tailored feedback to every candidate, please be aware that we’re so grateful for you taking the time and the courage to put yourself out there. It means the world to us that you believe we’re worth checking your profile. We screen all applications thoroughly and reach out to the ones we find most suitable while all candidates get feedback once we have reached a decision.
We do value transparency a lot here, so here’s a confession – we are aware the recruitment and selection process can be inherently subjective to various circumstances or specific role requirements. We do our absolute best to reach a decision piece by piece and as fast as we can and we sincerely appreciate your patience in this process.
And if the time was not right for us now, for whatever reason, let’s try one more time. We hope our paths will cross again.
Keep an eye on us, as we’re growing pretty quickly and quite remarkably.
Rokoko is an equal opportunity employer, therefore we do not select candidates based on sex or gender identity, mental disability or physical disability, religion, age, national origin or ethnicity, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or parental status.
At Rokoko, we breathe diversity and creativity. Whatever your path or background is, however you express or identify yourself, join us and let’s get things in motion.
Perks and benefits
This job comes with several perks and benefits
Flexible working hours Time is precious. Make it count. Morning person or night owl, this job is for you.
Free coffee / tea Get your caffeine fix to get you started and keep you going.
Near public transit Easy access and treehugger friendly workplace.
Social gatherings Social gatherings and games; hang out with your colleagues.
Skill development We want to take you from good to great.
Maternity / paternity leave Kids are the future, go spend time with them.
Central office Your local office is your anchor point, thus, we placed it centrally at your convenience.
Work life balance Carve out time for your kids, friends and personal cider projects.
Free office snacks Peckish after lunch? We got your back with soft drinks, treats and fruit.
Free friday beers Friday is something special, let’s enjoy a beer together.
Pension plan We take care of you, even when you are old and wrinkly.
Paid holiday Metropolitists, beach boys and mountaineers we salute you and pay you to go and explore the world.
Working at Rokoko
Rokoko is a tech startup with offices in the heart of Copenhagen, San Francisco and Athens. We are a happy mixed bunch of creatives, tech nerds, world-class software and hardware engineers, 3D artists, business people, one philosopher, one idealist, thousands of sensors, and a co-founder who only wants to sit on orange chairs. Our vision is to crush the barriers of animation and interactive storytelling. We imagine a world where Rokoko enables anyone and everyone to breathe life to their creative ideas, where imagination is unshackled from technical complexities and the steep learning curves of animation. We’re building creative tools for the storytellers of tomorrow.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com