The future of investing is yours
Who we are
We’re on a mission to make investing better for everyone in Europe. More specifically, we’re making it light years better (sorry… we had to!). We’re combining multi-currency accounts with unlimited access to global markets so that everyone in Europe can invest freely without sneaky hidden fees or unnecessary barriers.
Over the last year, we’ve grown from just an idea to a regulated business in both the UK and EU, raising $10M and hiring a team of 25 people from some of the best fintechs around along the way. We launched the app in the UK market in Q3 2021, and are gearing up to launch the product across Europe in the coming months.
We’ve got a stellar group of investors behind us including Mosaic Ventures, Taavet Hinrikus, Jaan Tallinn, Sten Tamkivi, Eileen Burbidge as well as a host of angel investors. In 2021, we raised $10M.
Who you are
Startup mentality: you’re a team player but can just as well work autonomously and lead your own projects when needed. We’re a small team so there’s lots of space to grow.
Great communicator: you can communicate with both technical & non-technical stakeholders within the business. We move at a fast pace, so short is sweet.
Open-minded: you’re always ready to explore new approaches, and welcome ideas from other members of the team. We try something, we learn from it and we go again.
User-centric: you love trying to understand user experience, and always put the customer first. Everything we do here is to make people in Europe better investors.
Growth mentality: you’re passionate about what you do and eager to learn and grow with us. We’re still in the very early days, so the Lightyear world can be your oyster.
What you’ll do
Run day to day customer support
- Answer customer questions & solve issues that come in across various contact channels
- Be cross functional with operational, brokerage and KYC tasks as needed
- Work with product teams to identify and solve customer pain points
- Measure the success of your work
- Use data to detect and prioritise problems related to your work
Ideal skills & experience
- Minimum 1 year of support or related experience, preferably within a regulated financial or technology company.
- Exceptional written and spoken English. You’ll be chatting to our customers, partners and of course the rest of the team on a daily basis.
- Ability to delight customers through your interactions with them and de-escalate where needed.
- Able to communicate technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
- Previous experience with data, some level of proficiency in SQL is a big plus
- An understanding of the investment world is great, but it’s not required. A willingness to learn about it is a must, though!
What you’ll get
A competitive startup package with equity
Based in our Tallinn (Kalamaja) office
A flexible approach to working remotely
All the usual office facilities, including free tea, coffee & snacks
Both our offices are dog friendly (20% distracting, but 100% cute: see here)
Cycling or running to work? We’ve got showers, bike storage and lockers
Quarterly team socials all together
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com