13.8 C
Wednesday, June 29, 2022

Reports State iPhone And Android Dominant In US Markets, While Others Continue To Lose

smartphonesZokem is a Finnish based market leader in the next-generation mobile analytics, providing its patented products to the leading players of mobile and media industries. Earlier today Zokem released an interesting report on how the various smartphones and operating systems perform in the US market. The gist of which clearly puts the likes of older Windows Mobile phones and the Symbian devices to have lost the battle in the US. Which isn’t surprising  as users in the region have migrated quite quickly towards the iPhone, Android and the BlackBerry.

- Advertisement -

Google’s Android did remarkably well in 2010 becoming the top selling mobile platform in the US (doing equally well in the Nordic region too). Impressive, but I guess a lot of credit goes to a variety of mobile devices available on numerous carriers. It is here, Apple seems to have more user loyalty given it is extremely popular for the few devices it has available that too on a single carrier. The game might change drastically as Apple brings its iPhone to Verizon Wireless. To what extent? I am not sure, but it will definitely have a positive impact on the iPhone sales.

Coming back to Zokem, I would like to share a few graphs and pointers to highlight the key mentions in the report.

Mobile Platform Loyalty Ranking – The figure reveals what percentage of users is more inclined (loyal) to a particular mobile operating system. A score above 60 is considered popular and the graph reveals the obvious that the iPhone leads the challenge ahead of Android and Samsung Bada platform. Nokia Maemo has the lowest with a ranking of –36.

Repurchase Behavior – These stats reveal what percentage of users would continue to stay with their current platform. It is evident that users of the iPhone and Google Android are content with their existing mobile operating system. 85% of iPhone users will most probably buy the next iPhone device while only 7% each might shift to RIM or the Android. Whereas only 11% of Android users showed interest in changing their platform to the Apple iPhone while the remaining 89% will keep themselves to the Android devices.

Mobile Repurchase behavior

One thing is clear from this; platforms like Symbian S60 (Nokia phones, a platform even Nokia might let go of) and the Palm are likely to lose more users over the period of time. The game isn’t shifting to any platform other than the iPhone and Android, the hard work therefore is to be done by previous leaders to make an impressive entry back into the smartphone arena. Wake up Nokia, Palm there is a long difficult battle ahead, one that you might have already lost.

You can read in depth about this here.

- Advertisement -

Related Articles


Stay Connected

- Advertisement -

Latest Articles