ArcticStartup is proud to present an opportunity for all Baltic and Nordic startups to connect with and pitch to venture capitalists and compete for great prizes.
In alignment with the Second Annual Tallinn Conference organized by The International Technology Law Association in collaboration with Enterprise Estonia, ArcticStartup is cooperating to organize an Elevator Pitch Business Plan Contest with support from Connect Estonia. The contest is held in Tallinn, Estonia on May 26, 2009.
- One full day of law consulting with Fish & Richardson P.C., Silicon Valley, worth $6000. The prize can be used as the winner wishes, e.g., to incorporate a subsidiary to establish operations in Silicon Valley. The consultation can be done in person or by Skype or Polycom video. Consultation with the Munich office of Fish & Richardson P.C. may also be included, subject to availability and requirements of the contest winner.
- One full day of law consulting with Knobbe, Martens, Olson & Bear, LLP, worth $3000, to be used as the winner wishes. The consultation can be done in person (location negotiable) or by Skype or Polycom video.
- Martin Hauge, Managing Director, Creandum, Stockholm
- Allan Martinson, Managing Director, MTVP, Tallinn
- Artturi Tarjanne, Managing Director, Nexit Ventures, Helsinki
- Rick Marshall, Managing Director, Intelligent Capital, San Francisco
- Sten Tamkivi , Chief Evangelist, Skype, Tallinn
- Ott Parna, Managing Director, Estonian Development Fund, Tallinn
- Richard Allan Horning, Principal, Fish & Richardson P.C., Silicon Valley
Growth-oriented technology startups from all Nordic and Baltic countries are welcomed to apply. Five firms will be selected to present a 5-minute pitch at the event. The judging criteria include the expected success of the firm, growth potential, differentiation and competitive advantage, risk and financial viability, and the management team.
Please note the contest rules and other information in the Invitation. Any questions about the contest can be sent to miikka(at)arcticstartup(dot)com.
The applications must be based using this form.
Please send your application to events(at)arcticstartup(dot)com latest by May 13th 6:00 PM EET. Finalists will be announced on May 14th.
Coaching and training for preparing the pitches are available to all chosen finalists prior to the contest, provided by Connect Estonia and members of the International Technology Law Association Luiga Mody Hääl Borenius and Raidla Lejins & Norcous, either online, in Tallinn, or in the participants’ home country, depending on possibilities.
About the conference:
Challenges and Opportunities for Nordic Technology Companies In Turbulent Economic Times
The International Technology Law Association and Enterprise Estonia are pleased to present a two-day program focusing on the needs and requirements of technology companies as they expand beyond the Nordic Region.
This two-day program, taught by a panel of recognized international experts, will feature presentations on selected legal topics of which technology companies, and their legal advisors, need to be aware as those companies expand their reach onto global markets.