10 European startup companies have qualified for the new Future Hamburg Award. Coming from Norway, Portugal, Spain, the UK and Germany, all of the finalists were recognized for their innovating products and business models in the fields of logistics, mobility, and tourism. All those who have made it to the final round may have the opportunity to take part in a tailored support programme in Hamburg as one of three winning teams. This time only one startup from the Nordics made it to the TOP10, and that is – Teston AS. The company runs a service which allows developers to user-test their products & apps and receive the videos showing the test results and their feedback.
Here are the ten finalists competing for the Future Hamburg Award:
- ByHours (Barcelona, Spain) is introducing the first pay-per-use system for the hotel sector, allowing customers to choose their check-in and check-out time at a hotel themselves and pay only for the hours they need.
- Heptasense (Lisbon, Portugal) provides software for surveillance cameras that are capable of detecting suspicious and criminal behavior and alerting the relevant security teams.
- Humanising Autonomy (London, UK) aims to improve the safety and efficiency of autonomous vehicles by understanding and predicting human behavior in urban areas.
- LignoPure by Technical University Hamburg (Hamburg, Germany). Lignin is a natural, biodegradable alternative to oil-based industrial products such as plastic microbeads. LignoPure thus increases the sustainability of consumer goods while retaining functionality.
- Localyze (Hamburg, Germany) supports international staff during the entire relocation process with a comprehensive software solution that covers anything from visa requirements to social integration.
- LoudSteps by Boni Inc. (Berlin, Germany) is a mobile navigation application for people with visual impairments. The app helps users to conceptualize their environment and orient themselves accordingly.
- NautilusLog (Hamburg, Germany) provides a digital logbook for the shipping industry. The app collects data on board a ship, creating a simple and secure platform for information exchange and collaboration.
- ShareHouse (Berlin, Germany) enables logistics professionals to make unused storage space available at short notice via a digital platform to avoid empty areas.
- Teston (Oslo, Norway) makes user testing easy, fast and cost-efficient. The platform helps companies understand how their customers experience a product or service.
- YOU MAWO (Konstanz, Germany) is the world’s first eyewear label to offer customized eyewear frames in addition to their ready-to-wear collection of 3D-printed glasses. Frames are designed with the help of a dedicated 3D head scanner.
Offering immediate market access to Hamburg, one of Europe’s most dynamic and strongest startup ecosystems, the Future Hamburg Award is directed at pioneering founders from all over the world. As part of the programme, startups will be linked up with established companies and receive systematic support in advancing their existing business model. The tailored support programme “Start me up in Hamburg” will be customised in collaboration with each of the winning teams and will be adapted to their specific needs. In addition, the winners will receive high-end business coaching, professional pitch training and, during their stay in Hamburg, up to six months of free co-working space as well as access to exclusive networking events.
One of the highlights will be the award ceremony at the OMR Festival in Hamburg in May 2019, with more than 40,000 marketing and technology experts attending the event. At the OMR, the winning teams will be able to present their company to an expert audience. Key players such as Google, Facebook and Twitter have chosen Hamburg as the location for their corporate headquarters, and Hamburg is also home to one of the youngest German unicorns – AboutYou. A major trading hub in Northern Europe and a leading innovation location in key technologies of the future, Hamburg is the perfect location for tapping new markets with groundbreaking ideas. The Future Hamburg Award was initiated by Hamburg Marketing GmbH and Hamburg Invest.
To learn more about the Future Hamburg Award and the finalists, please visit: https://future.hamburg/award/about/