Rokoko is a tech startup with offices in the heart of Copenhagen, San Francisco and Athens. We are a happy mixed bunch of creatives, tech nerds, world-class software and hardware engineers, 3D artists, business people, one philosopher, one idealist, thousands of sensors, and a co-founder who only wants to sit on orange chairs. Our vision is to crush the barriers of animation and interactive storytelling. We imagine a world where Rokoko enables anyone and everyone to breathe life to their creative ideas, where imagination is unshackled from technical complexities and the steep learning curves of animation. We're building creative tools for the storytellers of tomorrow.
Rokoko’s offering unlocks the talent of millions of emerging creators that need fast, easy, and affordable animation tools.
Our tools are designed for independent creators whilst being adopted by some of the world’s largest animation studios, like Netflix, Sony, or Disney.
From the heart of Copenhagen, where it began, to our colleagues back in Athens and all the way across the USA, we all echo Rokoko’s calling – to empower the storytellers of tomorrow.
None of this would be possible without the humans behind Rokoko.
Creative, driven, and passionate about what we do, every day we stand by our mission and we’re looking for talented teammates that can join us to build creative tools within art, entertainment, film, research, education, or health. We collaborate with top-tier game, film, AR/VR, and VFX producers as well as thousands of creators that make unique content.
Dare to join us too, we’d love to have you.
Interning as UX Researcher
We’re looking for Copenhagen-based interns to join our design team in our HQ, Copenhagen. We imagine that you’re doing your masters in ITU, DTU, anthropology, ethnography, or something along those lines, and you’re willing to put into practice everything you heard and learned so far.
During your time with us, you’ll be working in the design team and contributing to the product development processes and you’ll be learning and exploring all the ins and outs of our user journey. We want you to get a chance to practice all phases of the UX research process.
We’d love to hear from you regardless of your educational whereabouts if you tick the boxes below.We will agree upon a suitable duration and starting date so it fits your education’s commitments and requirements for an internship. Ideally, we are looking for you to join us full-time, for 3 months in early March or April 2022.
What you’re likely to be doing
- Conduct usability audits and tests of our products.
- Early user testing of software and hardware solutions.
- Identify pain points and product opportunities.
- Understand users qualitatively and quantitatively in order to deepen our understanding of user needs, behaviours, and mental models.
- Gather feedback on early designs with users and synthesize the feedback into meaningful and validated clusters.
- Smaller ethnographic studies and interviews with our users.
We’re keen to meet you if…
- You are genuinely curious, creative, and an avid team player.
- You have an outgoing personality and the ability to interact excellently with users and gather feedback.
- You can work relatively independently: the ability to make things happen with limited direction.
- You have the ability to translate concepts and interactions into visually coherent wireframes or prototypes is a big plus, but not a requirement as the role is more targeted towards UX research than towards UX design.
- You are an analytical thinker, with an eye for a simple yet powerful solution
- You have a high proficiency in English, both written and spoken.
We will be absolutely impressed if..
- You have an interest in and ability to understand highly technical domains.
- You have a strong curiosity in the domain of 3D tools.
- You’re passionate about what you do and have an immense willingness to learn.
What’s in it for you
- Work with an international team of 70+ talented individuals and a rare opportunity to work with professional motion capture/or other ESP.
- Fantastic office location in the heart of Copenhagen.
- Work-life balance – we want you to win both at work and in life.
- The chance of participating in all events that occur during the internship period.
- A quite unique opportunity to join Rokoko at the most exciting scale-up phase. We offer a steep learning curve and an ambitious work environment.
What we brag about
2021 has been an unprecedented year for us at Rokoko.We’ve grown across teams and have welcomed 50+ talented people among our teams.We’ve launched a new generation of the industry’s favorite mocap suit, the Smartsuit Pro II.We’ve seen first-hand our mission to make motion capture widely accessible demonstrated in the many works of our talented community, using our tools as a vessel to push boundaries of digital artistry.Let’s make 2022 even greater.
How to really catch our eye
We take the recruitment process seriously. That’s because we care a lot about who are we about to work with. We hope that matters equally to you.This is what the process will look like:
- Initial call
- Interview with the Hiring Manager
- Follow-up talk on the assignment
- Cultural meeting with some of your future colleagues
We respect everyone’s time and do our best to optimize and streamline our recruitment process depending on circumstances or roles. However, we put all our heart and time to find the next gem that will join the team.
Hoping this caught your interest enough, we look forward to receiving your application in English, together with your strong motivation in any shape or form – be creative, we value that. A lot.
When and how to expect to hear from us
We know how seeking your next gig works – sometimes you’ll apply and never hear back. We’ve all been there.
While we can’t send tailored feedback to every candidate, please be aware that we’re so grateful for you taking the time and the courage to put yourself out there. It means the world to us that you believe we’re worth checking your profile. We screen all applications thoroughly and reach out to the ones we find most suitable while all candidates get feedback once we have reached a decision.
We do value transparency a lot here, so here’s a confession – we are aware the recruitment and selection process can be inherently subjective to various circumstances or specific role requirements. We do our absolute best to reach a decision piece by piece and as fast as we can and we sincerely appreciate your patience in this process.
And if the time was not right for us now, for whatever reason, let’s try one more time. We hope our paths will cross again.
Keep an eye on us, as we’re growing pretty quickly and quite remarkably.
Rokoko is an equal opportunity employer, therefore we do not select candidates based on sex or gender identity, mental disability or physical disability, religion, age, national origin or ethnicity, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or parental status.
At Rokoko, we breathe diversity and creativity. Whatever your path or background is, however you express or identify yourself, join us and let’s get things in motion.
Perks and benefits
This job comes with several perks and benefits
Flexible working hours Time is precious. Make it count. Morning person or night owl, this job is for you.
Free coffee / tea Get your caffeine fix to get you started and keep you going.
Near public transit Easy access and treehugger friendly workplace.
Social gatherings Social gatherings and games; hang out with your colleagues.
Skill development We want to take you from good to great.
Maternity / paternity leave Kids are the future, go spend time with them.
Central office Your local office is your anchor point, thus, we placed it centrally at your convenience.
Work life balance Carve out time for your kids, friends and personal cider projects.
Free office snacks Peckish after lunch? We got your back with soft drinks, treats and fruit.
Free friday beers Friday is something special, let’s enjoy a beer together.
Pension plan We take care of you, even when you are old and wrinkly.
Working at Rokoko
Rokoko is a tech startup with offices in the heart of Copenhagen, San Francisco and Athens. We are a happy mixed bunch of creatives, tech nerds, world-class software and hardware engineers, 3D artists, business people, one philosopher, one idealist, thousands of sensors, and a co-founder who only wants to sit on orange chairs. Our vision is to crush the barriers of animation and interactive storytelling. We imagine a world where Rokoko enables anyone and everyone to breathe life to their creative ideas, where imagination is unshackled from technical complexities and the steep learning curves of animation. We’re building creative tools for the storytellers of tomorrow.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org