GOALS IS A GAMEPLAY FIRST FOOTBALL GAME. FREE TO PLAY, CROSS-PLAY, MULTIPLAYER FOCUSED AND ESPORTS READY. OWN YOUR ASSETS AND TRADE THEM FREELY.
Department Game Design
Remote Work Optional Remote
Do you have a dream of doing something truly revolutionary in gaming? Do you want to work in a studio with great vibes where you have a voice? Do you want to be in a place where everyone feel included? Come work with us at GOALS!
We have a genuine ambition to make something that is more than a game. In the GOALS universe games exist both on and off screen, blending football, fashion, esports and digital assets.
About the Role
We have just started building our dream game and are looking for a Technical Game Designer to come join the team. As a Technical Game Designer at GOALS you will be the person implementing many of the features directly in the engine. You will be expected to support other game designers with ways to implement a specific feature. You continuously work with the engineers to improve the performance of the game and the editor while helping to educate other game designers in our use of Unreal Engine.
As we are building a new game from scratch, you will initially focus a lot on basic systems and improving the work flows for other game designers. As we progress with the game, you will take on more of an expert role being the go-to person for questions on how to implement features and which systems are available.
We value our team and every individual is equally important to us. In this role we are looking for you with the following characteristics and experiences:
- You like to share your knowledge and insights with others
- You like to support and assist other game designers when needed
- You feel comfortable taking action to achieve results
- You can act according to your own convictions when needed
- You are used to contributing with new approaches on work-related issues or challenges that arise
- You have 5+ years of professional experience from Unreal Engine.
- You have expert knowledge of Blueprint Visual Scripting.
- You have shipped a game built with Unreal Engine.
It is also beneficial if you have experience with some programming or scripting language.
About the Employment
The position is permanent, starting with 6 months of probationary employment. You can either work from our Stockholm office or fully remote. It is important that you are able to communicate unhindered in verbal/written English and that you can work in a timezone close to Stockholm (GMT 0-3 hours).
For this position we do not offer relocation assistance.
How to Apply
GOALS is all about dreams coming true! We are willing to take chances. Do you have the passion but do not tick all the boxes? Apply anyways!
Pass your application by submitting your profile.
At GOALS we empower people, from our team to our community. We empower the game creators. As part of the team your enthusiasm, creativity and voice matter and is reflected in this extraordinary game. We empower diversity. We believe in a space where we drive for change and equality together, throughout our organization, game and industry. We empower flexibility. As an inclusive and international company, we welcome remote work and flexible work hours.
About the Studio
GOALS is a small start-up with big dreams!
Humble in the way we work; embracing that skilled and passionate people are the heart and core of our studio. Not humble in our objective; creating the best football game in the world.
Recognizing there wasn’t a fast paced, competitive, multiplayer focused football game on the market we decided to change that. Let’s bring football into esports for real! Bridging the gap between the real world and the digital, we’re building something that is more than a game.
Our community is the most important voice, and we want to give every colleague and gamer a feeling of ownership.
- A Fun and Inclusive Work PlaceWe believe that different perspectives adds creativity and fun, which is why we strive for equality and diversity in both our teams and games.
- Remote WorkLike it better at home in your jammies? Stay put! Wanna feel the smell from the office coffee machine in the morning? Join our HQ! Wanna see a human in 3D once in a while, but are also pretty content with the 2D specimens? Do the hybrid! At GOALS you choose where you work from! We want you to be located in GMT 0-3 hours to be able to fully collaborate with the team.
- Work-Life BalanceWe offer flexibility for a healthy work-life balance. Maximizing potential is more important than counting hours. 30 days paid vacation. Wellness allowance and play fund.
- A Great Support SystemAll residents in Sweden can expect great benefits such as health-, dental-, childcare, schooling and pension. We cover parental leave with 90% salary.
To apply for this job please visit careers.goals.co.