Join our mission to make farming sustainable. We believe that if you want change, it has to be good for business. Agreena provides solutions to farmers that drive both environmental and financial sustainability.
Agreena is a multi-sided platform and marketplace providing farmers with access to the carbon markets. Join our mission to provide farmers with new opportunities to invest in an ever more sustainable future both commercially and environmentally.
Our Business Development team is at the heart of Agreena’s strategic growth while also providing critical cross-functional support for management of the organisation.
The team collaborates internally and externally to develop and execute well-defined strategic initiatives across all functional areas including carbon science, regulatory affairs, product, technology, finance, marketing, and sales. It deals with a wide range of partners, geographies, industries, technologies, and emerging business opportunities.
The team is responsible for:
- Identifying and executing new business and corporate development opportunities.
- Negotiating, closing, and implementing major partnerships and strategic alliances.
- Providing programme and project management for the company’s most critical cross-functional initiatives.
The team does this by:
- Developing visionary, yet pragmatic, strategic initiatives and alliances encompassing product, platform, intellectual property, channel distribution, and new business opportunities. Mitigating risks and maximising opportunities to create immediate and long term value.
- Clearly communicating strategic initiatives internally and externally and bringing peers and colleagues along as the initiative is developed, implemented, and managed. Connecting the initiative across geographies and functions balancing key objectives.
- Monitoring and continually reassessing initiatives considering a rapidly changing regulatory environment and competitive marketplace. Providing financial and strategic analysis of impact on the businesses and its operations.
The Business Development team is looking for a Strategy Analyst.
The Strategy Analyst is responsible for researching industry trends and policy developments, identifying and analysing relevant technological innovations and partnership opportunities, and maintaining a database and analytical models regarding regenerative agriculture and the broader carbon markets. They are responsible for providing relevant insights to help the company make sound decisions, address key challenges, and identify new ways to grow. The role will identify and articulate business needs and provide solutions to critical business issues and decisions.
- Remain fully informed on market trends and digest policy-related news and regulatory updates to assess impact on business and operations
- Collect data and information on customers, partners, competitors, regulations, technology and market place and consolidate information into actionable items, reports and presentations
- Identify new business opportunities and evaluate potential partners to support product, platform, and market development
- Perform market research and SWOT analysis
- Undertake market analysis/modelling, metric reporting, and operational support related to the company’s strategy
- Provide analytical support to all aspects of the deal negotiation process
- Perform financial analysis and operational modelling for strategic initiatives
- Provide further insight into the company’s overall strategy by identifying critical questions and performing ad-hoc analyses
- Provide competitive analysis on various companies’ market offerings, identify market trends, pricing/business models, sales and methods of operation
- Summarise insights from analysis and clearly communicate analytical findings in a cohesive story; and articulate an argument to be presented to executives
- Develop and communicate strategy to address competition, changes in regulations and customer preference, and improvements in technology and go-to-market tools
- Formulate strategy for new offer, partner, product, and platform initiatives
- Experience in an investment banking or strategy consulting role essential, and experience in a corporate strategy role is ideal
- Experience in start-up environment is ideal
- Experience or interest in the regenerative agriculture sector and carbon markets
- Undergraduate degree in related field essential, MBA from top-tier global institution is ideal
- Strong financial modelling and analytical skills and exceptional conceptual thinking and communicator
- A passion to support farmers
- Fluency in English
With a centrally located office at Copenhagen, we offer a favourable work environment, with opportunities for learning and growing. We’re trusting you with your own time management, relying on your work being fun and exciting to keep you motivated. We believe in giving our people lots of responsibility, and we encourage new thinking.
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.