Join our mission to make farming sustainable. We believe that if you want change, it has to be good for business. Agreena provides solutions to farmers that drive both environmental and financial sustainability.
Agreena is a multi-sided platform and marketplace providing farmers with access to the carbon markets. Join our mission to provide farmers with new opportunities to invest in an ever more sustainable future both commercially and environmentally.
Our Business Development team is at the heart of Agreena’s strategic growth while also providing critical cross-functional support for management of the organisation.
The team collaborates internally and externally to develop and execute well-defined strategic initiatives across all functional areas including carbon science, regulatory affairs, product, technology, finance, marketing, and sales. It deals with a wide range of partners, geographies, industries, technologies, and emerging business opportunities.
The team is responsible for:
- Identifying and executing new business and corporate development opportunities.
- Negotiating, closing, and implementing major partnerships and strategic alliances.
- Providing programme and project management for the company’s most critical cross-functional initiatives.
The team does this by:
- Developing visionary, yet pragmatic, strategic initiatives and alliances encompassing product, platform, intellectual property, channel distribution, and new business opportunities. Mitigating risks and maximising opportunities to create immediate and long term value.
- Clearly communicating strategic initiatives internally and externally and bringing peers and colleagues along as the initiative is developed, implemented, and managed. Connecting the initiative across geographies and functions balancing key objectives.
- Monitoring and continually reassessing initiatives considering a rapidly changing regulatory environment and competitive marketplace. Providing financial and strategic analysis of impact on the businesses and its operations.
The Business Development team is looking for a Strategic Partnerships and Alliances Specialist.
The ideal candidate is a strategic deal-maker who has both an operating and commercial mindset and the ability to lead deals from start to finish. The candidate should be comfortable aligning internal and external teams and should be closely involved in the analysis required to evaluate opportunities. The candidate should have a keen awareness of regulatory affairs and be comfortable developing partnerships across all functional areas including product, technology, sales, and marketing.
- Sourcing, structuring and negotiating complex, international commercial agreements to support strategic initiatives across product, tech, sales, and marketing including IP licences, distribution and marketing partnerships, channel sales agreements
- Analysing financial performance of commercial agreements
- Managing external lawyers, consultants, and internal functional management heads to identify commercial partners and negotiate these agreements
- Standardising agreements, including commercial structures and minimal acceptable terms, to scale future agreements and developments
- Building standard reporting templates for partnerships to track financial and operational KPIs
- Managing relationships with the portfolio of partners and tracking actual deal performance against projections
- Communicating strategic rationale and developing business case for each partnership
- Well-structured agreements for every strategic partnership including template for deals of similar structures
- Summary of strategic rationale and key deal terms for every strategic partnership
- Model of projected performance for every strategic partnership
- Weekly reports summarising status of partnership pipeline and all pending commercial agreements
- Monthly reports analysing actual performance of every partnership (including comparison to projected results)
- Experience structuring and negotiating complex, high-stakes agreements in corporate development or business development function or at law firm supporting corporate clients
- Experience in start-up environments is ideal
- Experience or interest in the regenerative agriculture sector and carbon markets
- Undergraduate degree in related field essential, MBA and/or law degree from top-tier global institution ideal
- Strong relationship and analytical skills and strong regulatory grasp
- A passion to support farmers
- Fluency in English
- Opportunity to influence the growth and development of the organisation
- Being part of a fun and diverse team in an office centrally located in Copenhagen working with colleagues from different parts of the world
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.