This is Depict. National programming champions, art school dropouts, CERN physicists and former professional athletes. An interdisciplinary team brought together by a common goal. Are you one of us?
Role Software Engineer – Backend
Remote status Hybrid Remote
Do you want to join a fast-paced startup and work on the bleeding edge of recommendation systems, where your work immediately impacts the user experience for millions of users? We are looking for a Software Engineer who thrives in a fast-moving environment.
Depict is on a mission to challenge Amazon’s domination of e-commerce. We connect customers and retailers over a shared love for great products, by making e-commerce product discovery a breeze from start to finish. We want retailers with the best products, not the largest budgets, to win. We use computer vision and natural language processing to truly understand the product and provide state of the art product recommendations.
We serve hundreds of millions of requests every month on some of the largest e-commerce sites in Europe and are backed by some of the world’s most renowned investors, including Y Combinator, Initialized and EQT Ventures.
How will I make an impact?
- Build and maintain systems that reliably serve recommendations for millions of products with minimal latency, thousands of times per second.
- Leverage machine learning, algorithms and data to provide consumers with world class product recommendations.
What skills do I need?
- Passionate about building great products and software affecting millions of users
- Fluent in Python (or want to be) and care about writing high-quality code
- Comfortable wrangling data with both SQL and CLI tools
- Proficient in cloud computing and have experience deploying applications in containers
You’ll love Depict!
You will join a humble team with the drive to build something great. From reading the latest ML conference papers to trying to motivate writing a service in Rust, we are laser-focused on doing everything we can to move Depict forward. With backgrounds ranging from Google, Uber and CERN to self-taught programmers, we are united by our passion for building a great product.
We think big but start small when solving problems, delivering value first and iterating rapidly until we have something great.
Everyone at Depict gives and appreciates honest, constructive feedback and we have a radically candid culture that helps us all grow and improve rapidly.
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Clear opportunity to grow into a leadership role rapidly
- Discounts at our customers’ stores
- Flexible vacation policy
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Work from our office in Stockholm or remotely from any timezone within 2 hours of Central European Time (we will cover the costs of a co-working space in your city)
We look forward to hearing from you, and best of luck!
To apply for this job please visit careers.depict.ai.