At ArcticStartup, we believe in communities, creativity and collaboration. We choose personal approach to team happiness, and build an environment where people love to come to work. Work is our second home. This is a place where we create, learn, grow, laugh, win, share ideas, succeed and develop. We are not a place where you “have to go to” to do your job. We want to create a community of smart individuals, friends, that want to help make the world a better place through their activities. This is a place where anyone should be able to follow and achieve their dreams. In practice, that means that we support our employees to pursue their dreams, start companies with our help, test ideas and a lot more.
ArcticStartup is looking for a Sales Manager to expand the company’s sales and business development activities on a global level. The Sales Manager is responsible for the development and implementation of sales programs designed to achieve set sales goals and expand the customer base. This role will require a strategic thinker with a proven ability to identify and close business opportunities.
The ideal candidate must be self-motivated, excel at relationship building, and have a proven track record in event sales, corporate sales, business or account management, experience working with startups, and a strong network in the tech community.
You will be responsible for developing and managing relationships with key partners and clients and building and maintaining the team and a strong sales pipeline. You will do so by identifying key business opportunities and segmented prospects. Your goal will be to build, meet or exceed our annual quota and increase our revenue.
What we offer:
From day one you’ll find yourself part of our friendly, innovative, and internationally collaborative team. Our official language is English. Our People First culture means our staff is empowered to take chances and build real connections.
You’ll also get:
- An opportunity to build a global sales team
- A competitive salary and quarterly commission scheme
- Employee Stock Option (ESO)
- Up to 200k a year including OTE
- You have at least a Bachelor’s degree in a business-related discipline such as commerce, economics, or marketing, Master’s degree will be a plus.
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a corporate sales manager
- You have a strong B2B portfolio and corporate sales experience
- You are able to coordinate and manage the sales operations to maximize profit
- You are well versed in communicating with clients to offer them products/services and convince purchase.
- You are the leader to create and collaborate with sales teams to develop and implement effective strategies.
- You have a proven track record of sales min 600k+/per annum
- Your team was growing at least to 5+ team members
- Working in the Event industry or Startup Ecosystem or Corporate B2B Sales is an asset
Your role will be:
- Design and create the salesforce
- Oversee the interviewing, hiring, and training of a company’s sales staff to ensure an effective salesforce
- Develop and implement programs effective for enhancing sales performance
- Contact customers via emails and phone calls to offer them products and services
- Visit clients or arrange meetings to discuss a product and how it will meet the requirements of a customer
- Deliver sales pitches and presentations to clients, highlighting the benefits of a product to influence purchase
- Communicate with customers to identify their requirements and assist them with selecting appropriate products that meet their specifications
- Motivate and guide sales teams to improve performance and achieve set goals
- Monitor the activities of sales personnel to assess performance and productivity
- Assign and designate sales quotas and territories to staff according to individual potential
- Collaborate with the marketing, advertising, and production heads to develop and implement plans effective for enhancing sales and overall company performance
- Ensure marketing objectives and activities are in line with sales targets
- Conduct surveys and research to gather information regarding market trends, potential leads, and sales opportunities
- Compile, analyze, and interpret sales data to provide reports to management on performance
- Ensure provision of proper after-sales support and services to clients
- Prepare and present to management periodic budgets/sales forecast
- Organize meetings to discuss sales activities and take decisions on strategies necessary for improvement.
- Assist with the development of sales materials
- Assist with event planning and execution
If you say yes to most of the requirements above and think of yourself as a good fit for our team, feel free to apply.
We’re better when we bring together voices that supplement one another. We are deeply committed to a community of excellence, equity, and diversity and welcome applications from all candidates who will contribute to the diversification and enrichment of ideas and perspectives.
Send your CV and cover letter. We will review applications and contact those individuals that we wish to take forward.
We will respond to job applicants only who are shortlisted.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com