Join 1939 Games to work on KARDS – The World War II Card Game. 1939 Games was founded by CCP (EVE Online) veterans, Ívar and Guðmundur Kristjánsson, brothers with over 30 years of games industry experience between them. With a shared interest in collectible card games and WWII, the duo wanted a game that combined their passions. When they could not find one, they set out to make it themselves. KARDS is that game, a digital collectible card game set in World War II. Fusing traditional card game elements with WWII thematics and strategy, Kards is an elegant, action-packed experience that stands apart within the genre.
1939 Games is a gaming studio based in Iceland, staffed with veterans of the game industry and has released a digital collectible card game called KARDS.
1939 Games is in search of a multi-talented Programmer to work with our existing team of artists, designers and engineers to continue the development of KARDS.
Bring your strengths to our cause, collaborate with like-minded team members, solve difficult problems and have fun!
Here is what you will be doing with us:
- Backend development. Writing code (in Python) for new game systems and optimizing existing code.
- Streamlining deployment processes and build systems.
- Working in Unreal Engine 4, you will collaborate with client and backend engineers, designers, and artists to build various game systems and extend existing systems.
We are hoping that you hold:
- Comfortable prototyping skills and working within an iterative development process.
- Excellent ability to self-manage and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment and handle multiple tasks at once.
- Working knowledge of 3d Math/trigonometry.
- Strong communication skills (English is our working language).
- Experience in using game engines, for example, Unreal or Unity.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science or Engineering.
- Development experience with Unreal Engine 4 and the Blueprint scripting language.
All applications must be in English and include a portfolio.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com