About the job
Posting date 03/03/2022
Open Until Filled Yes
Position Number 1011717
Position Title Program Manager, Startup Support
Department this Position Reports to Magnuson Center for Entrepreneurship
Hiring Range Minimum $60,000
Hiring Range Maximum $70,000
SEIU Level Not an SEIU Position
FLSA Status Exempt
Employment Category Regular Full Time
Scheduled Months per Year 12
Scheduled Hours per Week 40
Location of Position
4 Currier Place – Suite 109
This position may be performed partially remote.
Remote Work Eligibility? Onsite only
Is this a term position? No
If yes, length of term in months.
Is this a grant funded position? No
The Program Manager, Startup Support plans, executes and manages a portfolio of projects in the Magnuson Center related startup support programs for students, faculty, and alumni, including new venture office hours, startup grant distribution, and entrepreneurial educational workshops. In addition, this position will supervise part-time support staff such as student interns and Entrepreneurs-in- Residence.
Required Qualifications – Education and Yrs Exp Bachelors or equivalent combination of education and experience
Required Qualifications – Skills, Knowledge And Abilities
- 2-3 years of experience working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Self-starter – ability to work independently, taking initiative to advance projects and prioritize in a dynamic work environment.
- Experience with educational program development and event planning.
- Event organizational and management skills as well as workplace leadership skills.
- Strong interest in the entrepreneurial experience.
- Proven ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with all levels of students, faculty, staff, and outside partners from all levels of leadership.
- Ability to prepare reports and presentations with excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to obtain and maintain Dartmouth driver certification.
- Willingness and availability for evening, weekend events and for travel as scheduled in advance.
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion and to serving the needs of a diverse community.
- Experience with educational program development.
- Career driven individual with passion for technology, entrepreneurship, innovation, and startups.
- Hands-on startup experience.
- Staff supervision experience a plus.
Department Contact for Cover Letter and Title Jamie Coughlin, Director, Magnuson Center for Entrepreneurship
Talent Acquisition Consultant Rabia Gandhi
Equal Opportunity Employer
Dartmouth College is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, marital status, or any other legally protected status. Applications by members of all underrepresented groups are encouraged.
Employment in this position is contingent upon consent to and successful completion of a pre-employment background check, which may include a criminal background check, reference checks, verification of work history, and verification of any required academic credentials, licenses, and/or certifications, with results acceptable to Dartmouth College. A criminal conviction will not automatically disqualify an applicant from employment. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
Special Instructions to Applicants
All Dartmouth College employees, whether working on-site or remotely, are required to be up to date with vaccination against COVID -19 (or to have received an approved exemption from vaccination through the Office of Institutional Diversity and Equity). Please visit https://dartgo.org/vaxpolicy for details. Compliance with this requirement is a condition of employment. Failure to meet this condition of employment may result in Dartmouth in its sole discretion delaying your start date or rescinding its offer of employment.
Program Development & Execution (50%) – develops and offers a portfolio of existing educational programming, including workshops, office hours, bootcamps, pitch clinics, and coaching sessions for Dartmouth stakeholders building new ventures, including undergraduates, graduates, post-docs, faculty, and TTO clients.
Percentage Of Time 50
Startup Support Grants (15%) – manages a portfolio of grant opportunities for Center stakeholders, including advertisements, application process, and selection.
Percentage Of Time 15
Assessment and Program Operations Management (20%) – ensures that business operations are efficient and effective. Evaluates program administration and delivery processes, recommending changes, creating processes or systems as needed, and managing relevant vendors. Conducts program evaluations; oversees sponsorship reporting and processing. Works within established Dartmouth systems and processes in operations, records management, information systems, risk management, and development efforts.
Percentage Of Time 20
Support Staff Management (15%) – manages the hiring and activities of part-time personnel, including student interns and Entrepreneurs-in-Residence.
Percentage Of Time 15
- Demonstrates a commitment to diversity, inclusion, and cultural awareness through actions, interactions, and communications with others.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org