Free language learning
Do you have a soft spot for profitable companies with a meaningful, globally used and loved product? Would you like to work within a compact, super-capable team in a refreshing work environment? Would you like to work on a product that is changing the way we learn and communicate? Do you want to contribute to creating a tight-knit community of awesome individuals, a workplace where we’re not afraid to experiment, occasionally tear up the rulebook to create an environment built on psychological safety, kindness, and efficiency?
Our goal at Drops is to ensure effective language learning through a delightful, seamless, gamified experience. We strive to be the #1 app for vocabulary learning and we’re very much on the way there! Our app has been live on the App Store for over 4 years, covering 45+ languages, serving over 35+ million users across the globe and has been featured on both the App Store (App of the Day) and Play Store (App of the Year in 2018). Drops has been featured by TechCrunch, FastCo, Forbes, CNN, Bloomberg, VentureBeat and many more. In short, we’re a tiny but very powerful team spread mostly across Europe, achieving great things the remote way! The founders are involved in everyday implementation, strategy and support, working with the team on innovative ideas to shift the needle in the language learning space.
What makes us different:
- We’re a small team: we optimise for impact, not headcount.
- We carefully consider tradeoffs in product, technology and processes that could lead to increased complexity.
- We don’t believe in hierarchy. Autonomy, ownership, high level of trust and passion are the secret ingredients behind Drops. Clear, honest communication is the linchpin of our culture and success.
- We are looking for missionaries rather than mercenaries.
What you’ll be doing:
- Managing product development sprints to drive velocity
- Planning by breaking down the roadmap into well-defined sprints with clear success criteria
- Be an integral part of the product guild, to enrich the product vision and strategy
- Ensure quality communication between team members on a daily basis, ensuring progress and removing blockers
- Facilitate ceremonies such as standup, grooming, planning, retro and demos
- Plan capacity for sprints through story points, estimates and team availability
- Manage incoming issues and stories to determine severity, sprint allocation and prioritise ranking
- Work with developers, QAs and product managers on aligning the release schedule
- Collaborate with other teams on needs and wishes for the product development pipeline
- Help improve flows and processes to ensure actionable learning loops
- Establish, monitor and define delivery metrics and targets
- Monitor and report on product and process metrics to ensure highest impact operations
What you’ll bring along
- 3+ years experience in Product Management, Project Management, Delivery Management or a Scrum Master role in an agile environment
- Hands on experience with the Atlassian suite
- Demonstrated desire to build and ship digital products that customers love
- Experience driving agile product development processes, facilitate sprint ceremonies and working within cross-functional teams
- Self organising and excellent communicator
- Experience with metrics-focused approach to measuring success
- Comfortable and autonomous in a remote environment
- Experience working with technical leadership
- Bonus points for experience in: Education, language learning or gamification
- All the perks of remote working
- An awesomely compact 35 person team
- Yearly educational allowance
- Fitness allowance
- High-end Apple hardware and ergonomic accessories
- 36 days of holiday per year (including Christmas and other holidays)
- 3 team gatherings a year somewhere in the world (Amsterdam, Iceland, Lisbon and Budapest were previous locations, Tuscany is next
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org