Re-invent the world’s largest industry as part of a dynamic, venture capital-backed hospitality tech start-up with huge growth ambitions!
About Bob W
Bob W is a fast-growing tech company providing an authentic 5-star experience to every single guest at scale while leading the world’s transition to sustainable hospitality.
Bob’s apartments cater to the 21st-century traveller who wants it all: the consistent quality of a hotel and the authentic flair of a short stay rental. We combine the best of both worlds in our climate-neutral apartments in Tallinn, Helsinki, London and Madrid’s coolest neighbourhoods. As we expand across Europe fuelled by venture capital and investment from top-tier real estate equity firms, we’re building the technology to give every guest a local, five-star experience at scale.
Being a part of Bob’s team means being hospitable not only to our guests but also to our colleagues, service partners, neighbours, and the planet (which is why we’ve become the first international climate-neutral hospitality provider). We’re open to new ideas, are honest about our shortcomings, and take full ownership of our actions, good and bad. We grow by supporting each other, and overgrown egos and corporate politics have no place here.
Our Operations team drives best-in-class operations and sales developments by initiating and implementing new processes and creating a large network of partners and customers. The Operations team is building the soul of this business, and we need extraordinary people to run our business locally.
As a General Manager, you will take responsibility for managing our operations locally, including launching new properties. Being the face of Bob W, you will live and breathe Bob W’s mission and vision when assisting our guests. You will closely collaborate with our international Operations, Growth and Product teams to drive the successful business of Bob W.
In this role you will:
- Own and improve Oslo operations. You will initiate, sign off and establish new operational processes and improvements to increase team efficiency.
- Have full Oslo’s P&L ownership for all existing and future Bob W buildings.
- Closely collaborate with other departments to improve our product, strategy and concept in general.
- Maintain friendly and transparent relations with key suppliers whilst ensuring there is a mechanism for accountability.
- Manage the day-to-day operations, including but not limited to: ensuring all of our beautiful apartments are ridiculously clean, that maintenance issues are addressed quickly and efficiently and ensuring every single guest feels special and well-attended to.
- Troubleshoot any maintenance and technology issues. You’ll be the first to step up or delegate these to another member of the Operations team.
- Take a hands-on role in assisting our guests, always going above and beyond to exceed their expectations and make each stay memorable. This includes the flexibility to work on-call & on shifts to offer 24/7 support.
Our 5-star candidate:
- Has 2+ years of experience working in hospitality, housekeeping management, leading guest service or general operations, or similar fields.
- Speaks fluent Norwegian and English.
- Has fantastic leadership skills and adopts an enthusiastic approach to management; knows how to masterfully delegate but also is willing to get their hands dirty to get the job done.
- Has a good understanding of unit economics and the importance of maintaining or improving the gross margin through day-to-day efficiencies and renegotiating supplier deals.
- Is extremely optimistic and passionate about offering our guests a 5-star experience.
- Has high standards of housekeeping and customer service, and consistently takes ownership of guest satisfaction.
- Is a self-starter, who enjoys tackling problems and tasks in an organised manner; has the ability to step back and look at the big picture to make high-level decisions where necessary.
- Has excellent analytical skills and a data-driven approach.
- Is a strong team player.
- Is passionate about self-development and eager to grow professionally.
- Experience in product launches, the startup environment or running a business is beneficial.
- The opportunity to re-invent the world’s largest industry by shaping a young and dynamic tech company with huge growth ambitions.
- Unlimited holidays.
- Comprehensive training and development opportunities.
- Smart and highly motivated team.
- A multicultural, diverse and highly rewarding work environment.
- Free nights at any Bob W location and plenty of opportunities to travel, mixing business with pleasure.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com