Join us building Housecat!
TL;DR: VC-funded early-stage crypto startup seeking a Fullstack Developer. Details below!
Housecat is democratizing crypto investment strategies for users and empowering individuals to become asset managers. Housecat broadens access to crypto and DeFi investing while democratizing the asset management industry.
Housecat enables anyone to mirror the best crypto asset manager’s investment strategies on top of the open web3 infrastructure. At the same time anyone can be an asset manager and get rewarded for their performance irrespective of their background and where they come from. With Housecat, a pseudonymous 16-year-old teenager could have more assets under management than Goldman Sachs.
We’re looking for a Fullstack Developer to join our core development team. Combining an interesting set of technologies from modern frontend frameworks, fully automated cloud infrastructure to blockchain development, this role is guaranteed to challenge you.
Our small development team is first and foremost looking for a person who we’d love to work with. We expect a certain degree of seniority and technological excellence but we value a positive can-do attitude, strong motivation for learning and building new things above skills in specific technologies.
- Experienced in developing modern frontend applications. Experience with React is a big plus, experience with Next.js is also appreciated.
- Experienced in using cloud services, preferably Amazon Web Services.
- Capable of developing smart contracts in Solidity or interested in learning.
- Above all, we look for a great person to work with who’s ambitious and willing to learn whatever that task or solution requires.
What you will do
- Design, implement and test frontend features for the Housecat application.
- Plan, implement and test backend features and APIs with Typescript and NodeJS.
- Implement and automate cloud infrastructure to deploy and run the platform.
- Implement and test blockchain smart contracts with Solidity, Ganache and HardHat.
Why you might be excited
- You’ll be able to work remotely and (mostly) set your own schedule. Housecat is a remote-first team. Even though you’re ideally based in Helsinki, you’ll decide where you work from.
- You’ll be creating something of your own, together with a highly skilled and experienced small development team.
- We’re backed by the strongest names in the crypto venture investing world, including BlueYard, Inflection, Notation, 3kvc and a number of world’s most sought after angel investors.
Why you might not be excited
- We are still a fairly young company with a small handful of people, so if you like more established companies, this role isn’t for you.
- You’ll help create our company’s culture.
- We’re an early stage startup. Projects and priorities are likely to shift.
- Everyone on the team is extremely mission-driven, and works incredibly hard to push towards our lofty ambitions. Most people won’t be cut out for it.
- You should be comfortable with just a dash of chaos. This is not the kind of job where you show up and we tell you exactly what to do every day.
This role comes with a competitive salary, stock options and a vacation plan. No startup salaries here!
Our team works mainly in Helsinki but has contributors and partners across the globe.
If you got this far and are fired up based on the above description, we’d love to hear from you. You can email directly to our CEO. Please include ‘Fullstack Developer’ in the subject line. Talk soon!
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com