At ArcticStartup, we believe in communities, creativity and collaboration. We choose personal approach to team happiness, and build an environment where people love to come to work. Work is our second home. This is a place where we create, learn, grow, laugh, win, share ideas, succeed and develop. We are not a place where you “have to go to” to do your job. We want to create a community of smart individuals, friends, that want to help make the world a better place through their activities. This is a place where anyone should be able to follow and achieve their dreams. In practice, that means that we support our employees to pursue their dreams, start companies with our help, test ideas and a lot more.
Location: On-site, Helsinki, Finland
ArcticStartup is proud to take a very thoughtful approach to the Startup community events experiences we organize. As the creator of Arctic15 events, we are looking for a passionate Event Manager for our Helsinki office to oversee and organize events that will make an impact on the target audience and ArcticStartup community of Entrepreneurs and Investors. This is a great opportunity to make a difference in an international business environment and take a leading role in the startup ecosystem.
Our event manager is a project manager who also understands marketing and promotion techniques. Besides that, you are an enthusiastic candidate with fresh ideas and the organizational skills required to not leave anything out about an event to chance. You’ll ensure events are successful and cost-effective, paying attention to budget and time constraints and you have a passion for the startup ecosystem.
- Plan in-person and online events from start to finish according to requirements, be the point of contact for all customers, target audience and objectives
- Propose ideas to improve services and event quality
- Responsible for budgets, invoicing and meeting financial targets
- Produce all event materials including programme agendas, delegate lists, badges, signs etc.
- Plan, organize, source, negotiate and manage sub-contractors, vendors and suppliers accordingly
- Build own network, relationships and identify business opportunities
- Be in charge of hiring, supporting and developing personnel (Planners, Speaker management, Junior, Volunteers etc.) as well as delegate management and communication
- Coordinate all operations including registrations, conference receipts and payments, technical production and full event logistics including social programmes and websites
- Lead promotional activities for the event using the website, social media and email marketing tools.
- Supervise all staff (event coordinators, caterers etc.)
- Approve all aspects of the event well in advance.
- Ensure event is completed smoothly and step up to resolve any problems that might occur
- Analyze, review and report on delegate feedback of events on the event’s success and prepare reports
- Additional duties will be delegated throughout the role.
Requirements and skills
- Proven track record and solid experience in a similar role within the Events industry
- Skilled in project management
- Knowledge of KPIs and marketing techniques for event management
- Computer savvy; proficient in MS Office
- Outstanding communication and negotiation ability
- Excellent organizational skills
- Talent for problem-solving
- Customer-service orientation
- A team player with leadership skills
- BSc/BA in PR, marketing, hospitality management or related field is preferred
This role will include full end-to-end event management including communications, content and speaker management, audience targeting, reporting and analytics. You will need to know the complexities of working in a matrix organisation, across teams and different geographic locations to deliver high-quality events. You will need to have experience working at a senior level in a role, related to event services.
Send your CV and cover letter. We will review applications and contact those individuals that we wish to take forward.
We will respond to job applicants only who are shortlisted.