The new standard in product recommendations.
Do you want to join a fast-paced startup and work on the bleeding edge of recommendation systems, where your work immediately impacts the user experience for millions of users? We are looking for an Engineer Manager who thrives in a fast-moving environment.
Depict is on a mission to challenge Amazon’s domination of e-commerce. We connect customers and retailers over a shared love for great products, by making e-commerce product discovery a breeze from start to finish. We want retailers with the best products, not the largest budgets, to win. We use computer vision and natural language processing to truly understand the product and provide state of the art product recommendations.
We serve hundreds of millions of requests every month on some of the largest e-commerce sites in Europe and are backed by some of the world’s most renowned investors, including Y Combinator, Initialized and EQT Ventures.
How will I make an impact?
As an Engineering Manager at Depict you will lead and manage a growing frontend team. Your mission will be to facilitate, align, remove barriers and obstacles, and protect from interruptions so that the team can do the best work of their lives with you as a leader.
You will report to the CTO and collaborate with other leaders and stakeholders and break down organizational goals into something that the team can understand and execute on.
On top of this you would:
- Coach, engage, and lead a team of profoundly talented engineers, that currently possess deep technical knowledge in many areas
- Architect what is becoming the core of Depict: our customer Portal, and let it enable retailers to configure the Depict AI and visuallysee the value it brings to them
What skills do I need?
- Experience in leading a software development team
- 3+ years experience in Front Development
- Being passionate about building great products and software that scales
You’ll love Depict!
You will join a humble team with the drive to build something great. From reading the latest ML conference papers to writing chrome extensions that hack into and add features to our task management system, we are laser-focused on doing everything we can to move Depict forward. With backgrounds ranging from Google, Uber and CERN to self-taught programmers, we are united by our passion for building a great product.
We think big but start small when solving problems, delivering value first, and iterate rapidly until we have something great.
Everyone at Depict gives and appreciates honest, constructive feedback and we have a radically candid culture that helps us all grow and improve rapidly.
- Competitive salary
- Significant equity
- 4000 SEK in annual wellness allowance
- 25 paid vacation days
- Opportunity to grow in your role rapidly
- Work from our office in Stockholm or remotely
- Monthly co-working allowance if remote-based
- Company laptop
- Help with relocation
- Fun Quarterly off-sites
Disclaimer: The benefits may alter depending on the country you are working from.
We look forward to hearing from you, and best of luck!
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com