Make money good
Lucinity was founded in 2018 to Make Money Good by delivering an open productivity platform for Anti-Money Laundering (AML) teams. Our continuous learning platform combines the best of artificial intelligence and human ingenuity to allow any AML team – from big banks to fintechs – to quickly and precisely tackle the ever-evolving threat of money laundering. We are a bunch of ambitious people with all kinds of experience that share a passion for impacting the world through the business of shining a light on dark finance.
You’re a talented Data Engineer, and want to join our growing team designing and implementing world-class data processing/ETL processes as part of building the next generation of anti-money laundering products. You will be working on improving our data modeling capabilities, as well as helping to develop our internal and external APIs and data storage architecture.
- Designing, developing, and supporting batch and real-time data processing architectures
- Evaluating technical solutions and to provide alternatives where possible; to make recommendations and explain the reasoning behind them
- Cross-disciplinary input from a team of financial experts, AI scientists, legal professionals to build the best data models possible for Lucinity’s customers
- Working with a dynamic SaaS product that’s trusted by some of the largest and most innovative financial institutions in the world
Skills & experience
- 5 years of general experience, with 3+ years of applicable industry experience.
- A desire to share knowledge and expertise amongst team members
- Excellent communication, teamwork, and collaboration skills
- Experience writing Python and SQL
- Experience with Apache Airflow, or a comparable job scheduling system
- Experience working with Pandas or Apache Spark
Bonus points for:
- Familiarity with PostgreSQL, Parquet, and other data storage methods
- Knowledge of feature stores and their design
- Experience of Agile/Scrum processes
- Worked within source control (git) managed software projects
- Developed and shipped applications using containers (Docker) and Kubernetes
- Experience using Azure DevOps
Our Beliefs and Values
Continuous learning is a cornerstone embedded into our product, ingrained in our culture, and manifested in our logo. Beyond the cornerstone, our values govern our actions and ensure clear strategic direction. They are rarely changed but in the name of continuous learning – constantly considered:
- Simply Human describes our understanding, respect and empathy for each other and our clients. It is a commitment to developing solutions laser-focused on helping people. It means having a passion for simple-to-use product that works with humans, not against them. Our first-hand experience that enables us to understand the wants and needs of our clients. Simply human means complementing our client’s skills and making them superheroes so they can take on financial crime, saving institutions time and money in the process.
- Shared Intelligence is a belief that by sharing data and knowledge, we can continuously improve, and accelerate progress together. It is an approach that prioritises open and honest collaboration to achieve the best solution. It means using technology to augment and advance human intelligence, not replace it. It means playing to our respective strengths—man and machine—to achieve a greater goal.
- Quiet Strength is how we empower us and our clients in the fight against financial crime. It is the pursuit of excellence with integrity and humility. It is listening to each other and our clients, always seeking first to understand. It is being passionate and proud without overselling our capabilities. It is anchored in our company roots.is how we empower our customers in the fight against financial crime. It is fortitude without the need for fame or fight. It is determination that is considered, not combative. It is anchored in our roots as an Icelandic company.
Lucinity is an equal opportunity employer. A supportive, empowering, and inclusive environment for every member of our team is integral to our mission of Making Money Good. We celebrate different perspectives to help us grow as a company and as individuals. Our team consists of brilliant people from various backgrounds located in Reykjavík, New York, London, Stockholm, and Brussels. All applicants will be considered for employment, regardless of identity or background. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their nationality, ethnicity, gender identity, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
For more information, please contact Óli Páll Geirsson.
We look forward to hearing from you!
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com