Maria 01 is the Nordics' Leading Startup Campus We are a not-for-profit combination of a selective tech-club, a community house and a tribe of people building the products and services of the future. We provide the best possible environment for early-stage startup teams to work alongside venture capitalists, corporations, and other startup organizations. Our community values are collaboration, trust, international and impact & responsibility.
We are looking for Chief Operations Officer
We are looking for an experienced Chief Operating Officer (COO) to oversee our organisation’s ongoing operations and processes. You will be the company’s second-in-command and responsible for the operations side of our business.
The COO is a key member of the management team, reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO). You will maintain control of diverse real estate business operations, so we expect you to be an experienced and efficient leader. If you also have excellent people skills, business acumen and exemplary work ethics, we’d like to meet you.
Being part of our team means that you will have the opportunity to build your network extensively and to influence how our campus will grow in the future.
The goal of the COO position is to secure the functionality of operations and to drive extensive and sustainable growth.
The COO’s tasks include (but are not limited to):
- Design and implement our (real estate) operations strategy, plans and processes
- Set comprehensive goals for performance and growth
- Establish policies that promote company culture and vision
- Oversee and lead daily operations of office leases, facilities, campus services and business development together with a fantastic team
- Be responsible for our operations and service development (e.g. ERP, data management) and owner of our our development process and methodology
- Be responsible for the company governance and documentation practices
- Manage relationships with partners and vendors
- Be a member of the leadership team and work closely with our board together with our CEO
Great candidates will probably identify the following:
- Real interest in the Nordic and Finnish startup scene and ability to take actions that make Maria 01 the best environment for startups to grow
- Strong team player with the ability to also work independently
- Dedication to details and strong work ethic
- Understanding the importance of diversity, inclusion and equality in company culture
- Leadership skills and experience in working with board of directors
- Background in real-estate, operations, startups or similar
- Development mindset and experience in process and system development, process automatisation and software toolsets
- Fluent in English and Finnish (additional languages are a plus)
What we offer
- Work with a diverse international team in a flat, flexible organisation.
- Own your work, ambition and results.
- Flexible working hours in a combination of remote and onsite work
- Central location, good public transport and/or free parking
- Additional insurance to cover also leisure time accidents
- Free gym access, yoga room and sauna
- Enjoy weekly events, social gatherings and networking opportunities inside the exciting startup ecosystem, including travel.
- Recharge yourself with full 6 weeks of paid annual leave and one additional week of personal development
- Company bonus scheme
Awesome! Tell us more why you would be the perfect candidate for this job by sending us your CV and resume. The final date for submitting is April 10th ,but do note that we are reviewing applications on an on-going basis.
More info about the position from our CEO Ville Simola +358440700520. The best time slots to reach him by phone are March 25th between 9-10, April 1st between 13-14 & April 8th between 13-14. All call times are Helsinki time GMT +2.
Perks and benefits
This job comes with several perks and benefits
Flexible working hours
Time is precious. Make it count. Morning person or night owl, this job is for you.
Free coffee / tea
Get your caffeine fix to get you started and keep you going.
Social gatherings and games; hang out with your colleagues.
Near public transit
Easy access and treehugger friendly workplace.
Free friday beers
Friday is something special, let’s enjoy a beer together.
Maternity / paternity leave
Kids are the future, go spend time with them.
Remote work allowed
You know how you perform best. Work from your couch, your favorite cafe or abroad when you feel like it.
Your local office is your anchor point, thus, we placed it centrally at your convenience.
Work life balance
Carve out time for your kids, friends and personal cider projects.
Dogs, turtles or goldfish are welcome in the office as long as they want to cuddle every now and then.
Mental health support
We care about your wellbeing. We take stress seriously and support you in times with any mental imbalance.
Short, tall, skinny, chubby we like you just as you are. But if you dream about a bum like J-Lo we got you covered.
Metropolitists, beach boys and mountaineers we salute you and pay you to go and explore the world.
We want to take you from good to great.
New tech gear
Are you a true Tech Savvy? Macbook, trackpad, you name it, we get you covered.
Chai latte, scrambled eggs or baos? We cover your expenses so you can stay fully fueled when traveling with work.