Former worker of Hubspot and Umbra, Henni Roini now becomes a part of Balderton Capital’s family as an associate. Balderton’s venture capital in Nordics showed a huge increase last year besides the overall development of the UK-based venture capital firm with more than $1.2bn to invest across Europe.
She will be working closely with Magda Lukaszewicz and Partner, Daniel Waterhouse on the investments in the Nordic lands. This is also a landmark for Balderton since she is the company’s first Finnish associate. Having Roini is also an advantage for the company because she has strong pull with the Finnish startup ecosystem.
Balderton Capital Welcomes its First Finnish Associate, Henni Roini, to focus on the Nordics
- Henni Roini brings a host of operational experience to Balderton Capital’s investment team having worked at CRM giant HubSpot, and Finnish startup Umbra
- She also previously headed up the Startuplifers programme, connecting Nordic entrepreneurial talent with startups for internships around the world.
- Henni is joining Balderton Principal, Magda Lukaszewicz and Partner, Daniel Waterhouse to further increase the fund’s focus on Nordic investments
- It follows a record year for Balderton in which the firm raised more than $1.2bn to invest across Europe
- It also follows a record year for venture in the Nordics, where venture capital raised has doubled in the last year, and deal volumes have increase 6x since 2018.
Balderton Capital is welcoming Henni Roini as an Associate to its investment team covering the Nordic and Baltic regions. Henni is the firm’s first Finnish Associate and has strong ties to the Finnish startup ecosystem, having worked with initiatives such as Slush (leading startup event in the Nordics) and Junction (Europe’s biggest hackathon).
Prior to joining the Balderton investment team, Henni was responsible for UK demand generation at HubSpot, the leading CRM platform for scaling businesses. She has also worked with startups, executing sales and marketing for Finnish 3D optimisation company Umbra, as well as heading the Startuplifers programme recruiting Nordic talent to Silicon Valley startups.
Prior to her tech path, Henni was involved in education nonprofits and politics. She studied business (BA) at Aalto University in Finland majoring in Information and Service Management and speaks native Finnish in addition to English.
Henni Roini said: “I’m thrilled to join Balderton at a time when the Nordic and Baltic startup ecosystem is flourishing. Having worked with startups and scale ups on the operational side, I’m excited to make the shift to the venture capital side to find the most ambitious Nordic and Baltic founders with global ambitions. It’s a privilege to be able to work with such a brilliant team and aspiring founders to achieve exponential growth together.”
Balderton has been an active investor in the Nordics for over a decade, with more than 10 current investments across the Nordic region including Voi, Labster, Vivino, Funnel, Furhat Robotics, Truecaller and Lifesum. Balderton was also an investor in Peakon which was sold to Workday last year.