- This event has passed.
sTARTUp Day 2019
January 23 - January 25
Business festival sTARTUp Day 2019 is coming back and it’s bigger than ever!
This time, Estonian most innovative festival brings together 100 world-class speakers and 4000 attendees.
Taking place for the third time, sTARTUp Day has renewed both its format and venue. The festival’s duration is three days this time – one day for side events and two days to enjoy the main festival. All the events will take place in freshly renovated UT Sports Hall. New venue allows for more people to attend the festival: “Last year we had 2600 participants from 33 countries. This year we have set the goal to have 4000 people,” sTARTUp Day project manager Ermo Tikk sets the goal.
Festival will continue with the slogan “From Zero to Hero” which goal is to inspire early stage startups on their “From Zero to Hero” journey. For that, there will be a diverse program on the festival’s main days, 24th and 25th of January – three stages with keynotes and discussions, practical hands-on seminars with professionals, pitching competitions, and a large demo area for companies to showcase their products and innovations. Besides that, it’s possible to communicate with different people through organized matchmaking, networking events and parties.
The variety of topics is as ambitious as the festival itself: startup and corporate collaboration, Smart City, biotechnology, growth hacking, space technologies, and many more.
The program includes over 100 world-class speakers:
- Christer Fuglesang, Swedish first and only astronaut
- Hermione Way, brand consultant and former Tinder’s Head of European communications
- Boyd Cohen, one of the leading urban and climate strategists in the world, working in the area of sustainable development and smart cities
- Marc Sands, design marketing guru who has over 20 years’ experience in the marketing industry
- David Helgason is the founder & partner of Unity Technologies which is the world’s most widely used real-time 3D development platform. Together with Finnish mobile game developer Peter Vesterbacka, they will have a fireside chat about angel investing.
- And of course the founders of Estonian top startups such as Kristel Kruustük (Testlio), Kaarel Kotkas (Veriff) and Alari Aho (Toggl).
Former Tinder’s Head of European Communications Hermione Way will share her experiences about storytelling and social media branding: “It’s very impressive that a small country has had such a big influence in the technology industry. I’m looking forward to finding out what’s in the water to make it such a technologically advanced place!”
Get your tickets here!