In the next few months, there will be many interesting events for hungry entrepreneurs to attend in Vilnius.
Big things are happening in Vilnius. Startup wannabes are finding co-founders and starting first businesses, big-time investors from financial capitals of this world are snooping around to find the next unicorn and every week new networking event is happening. Here are few upcoming events to attend if you’re in Vilnius.
Already sixth time in Vilnius – TEDx programme, that is a local, self-organized event that brings people together to share a TED-like experience, will have wide range of talks, starting from intimate personal stories, leading to future trends, innovative ideas, technology marvels and undiscovered natural environments.
On April 2nd you will be able to come and see among others:
Oshiorenoya E. Agabi – CEO of the world’s first neuro-computing company. His company Koniku Inc. is building next generation computational platforms with actual biological neurons or wet neurochips.
- Brett Horvath – The co-founder of Scout, which combines near-term science fiction with reporting to cover the intersection of technology, economics and morality.
- Despina Papadopoulos – Named as one of New York City’s “Six Most Interesting Women in Tech”, Despina is the founder of Principled Design / Studio 5050, a systems design and strategy studio specializing in wearable technologies, building prototypes, and working with organizations to introduce innovation at the intersection of social structure and technological possibility.
…and many more interesting people. If someone cannot attend the conference, it will be aired live on TEDxVilnius website.
LOGIN Startup Fair
LOGIN Startup Fair, biggest startup event in Baltics, on May 5th-6th will have bunch of international investors coming to meet local entrepreneurs. This year’s focus is hardware startups, and the event will host such names as:
- Vincent Jacobs – Partner at Kima Ventures. He one of the world’s most active early-stage investors, investing in 2 to 3 startups per week all over the world.
- Alexander Turkot – Founder and Managing Partner at Maxfield Capital Management. Alexander has over twenty-five years of global experience in venture investing and IT/Telecom management.
- Fabian Leipelt – Associate at WestTech Ventures, a pre-seed and seed-stage Venture Capitalist in Berlin focused on investing in B2B SaaS, Developer Tools, Enterprise Software, MediaTech and EduTech startups.
Already more than 30 investors confirmed their arrival to LOGIN, so there could be deals done during two days of the conference. Photo: LOGIN
Rimante Ribaciauskaite, LOGIN Startup Fair chief organiser, believes that Central and Eastern Europe is becoming a technology hub for many corporates, startups and venture capital funds.
”It is foreseen as an extremely promising emerging market, where more and more successful startups are being born. Based on this, LOGIN Startup Fair attracts attention of numerous international VC’s and accelerators. This is why Vilnius has become a bridge between startups from the region and global investors, such as Index Capital, Intel Capital, Blumberg Capital, Passion Capital and many others, who are coming to LOGIN Startup Fair this year,“ says Ribaciauskaite.
For those startups which are still at the idea stage, Blue Lime Labs offers an opportunity to come on stage, pitch their idea and win 50,000 euros to make their B2B concept reality. Pre-seed investor and accelerator for early stage start-ups Blue Lime Lab in cooperation with ISM Innobase is organizing an international B2B idea-pitching event Founder‘s Challenge. The event will take place on 7th of May.
“We are strongly motivated to attract people who are ambitious, have working experience and brilliant ideas to improve business processes. We offer a professional team and capital to bring your idea to market,” says Blue Lime Labs CEO Gytenis Galkis.
The best ideas will be entitled to win prizes, as well as receive an office space at ISM Innobase and get Blue Lime Labs as partners to co-develop and invest into ones business idea for an equity share.